Holmach is delighted to introduce James Turner as the latest member of the Holmach Team.
James joins as a Thermal Processing Specialist, offering training and process support to both new and existing clients, whether that’s developing new ranges, or optimising established food products. He comes with a wealth of experience in thermal processing evaluation and consultation, process development, project management and new product development.
Having spent seven years specialising in thermal process development within the Department of Food Manufacturing Technologies at Campden BRI, he was employed by chilled ready meal producer RF Brookes (part of 2 Sisters Food Group). Here he spent five years as Process Technologist for its potato plant and NPD Technologist for Low Risk operations. He also commissioned and validated several new cooking lines and undertook freeze-thaw validation projects.
James joined Holmach in February of this year and has already worked with some of its key clients. He said of his appointment:
“I am excited to be associated with Holmach, providing thermal process support and development services to new and existing customers. Driven by a love of efficiency, I’m looking forward to getting involved with clients’ process development and optimisation projects.”
James can assist in the following areas:
- Process optimisation – prior to and post validation of scheduled process.
- Heat penetration and distribution testing.
- Scheduled process validation (subject to approval by recognised 3rd party validation authority).
- Thermal process operating training.
- Retort programming and operator training. (Lagarde Autoclaves)
- Pre-delivery inspection and factory acceptance tests with clients at Lagarde Autoclaves’ site in France.
To find out more about James’ services, email: James@holmach.co.uk or call the office on 01780 749097